The requirement of the Control of Asbestos Regulations means any person responsible or owning a non-domestic property built prior to the year 2000 has a ‘Duty to Manage’ asbestos within in. To do this the property must be surveyed to identify where the asbestos containing materials are located. If a property is undergoing a refurbishment or is being demolished then a further more intrusive survey must be undertaken prior to any works.
At Ensafe our team of lead consultants all hold the BOHS proficiency module P402 – ‘Building Surveys and Bulk Sampling for Asbestos’ and have a minimum of two years industry experience.
Unlike many competitors, Ensafe insist on utilising a two person survey team to complete the survey. We believe this approach ensures all areas of the building are safely accessed and there are no caveats due to high restrictions which cannot be guaranteed with lone working.
With our own ‘in-house’ laboratory, we ensure samples are analysed promptly and our consultants are trained to ensure there is no limit on the number of samples collected.
Many clients and property owners require as much assurance that a product is not asbestos than it is, so samples of all building materials are taken to ensure the client receives the full picture.
On site our consultants use hand-held tablets which allow information to be available in real-time delivered back to the office wirelessly where a dedicated team of reporters compile the findings before they are technically reviewed by our quality control process.
Our reports are easy to read which gives our clients photographic evidence of each location sampled and detailed site plans explaining where and which type of asbestos was found.
The Ensafe Laboratory
- The laboratory is UKAS (ISO 17025) accredited.
- All our bulk analysts hold the P401 qualification.
- We aim to analyse 250-300 samples per day.
- We have an internal process which ensures samples are analysed and reported to meet our clients Service Level Agreements.
- We provide 1 hour, 24 hour, 5 day, 7 day & 10 day turnaround, but will aim to meet the requirements of our clients.
- We can provide electronic and/or hard copies of certificates.
- The asbestos is identified using Polarising Light Microscopy and dispersion staining techniques.
Contact us for a Quote
Blisworth Hill Farm
T: 01604 878190
F: 01604 878199