Corporate Policy on Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking.
Ensafe Consultants is committed to maintaining and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure compliance with Modern Slavery Act 2015
We recognise modern slavery is a criminal activity and a violation of human rights. The deprivation of a person’s liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain is unacceptable. For these reasons, slavery and human trafficking is a matter of zero tolerance within the company and endorsed by this Policy.
It is our approach to comply with all laws and regulations relevant to our business in which we operate to and endeavour to ensure slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour is not taking place anywhere within our own business, our contractors we use and in any of our supply chains.
We undertake all reasonable and practical steps, including a vigorous contractor and supplier approval process to ensure our approach is reflected in that of the organisations that we are working with or associated with.
To ensure that our standards are being implemented throughout the businesses of our suppliers and that local legislation and regulations are complied with by using agile inspections and audit.
We operate a whistleblowing policy and system to allow concerns to be raised sensitively and we will assess any instances of non-compliance on a case-by-case basis and will take appropriate remedial action.
Challen Commercial Investigations Ltd T/A Ensafe Consultants (Ensafe) affirms its commitment to global environmental protection and recognises the importance of incorporating environmental issues within its business decisions and activities.
The organisation acknowledges the potential for serious environmental impairment which could arise from its contractual operations if these were not carried out in an environmentally responsible and quality manner at all times. Ensafe Consultants are committed to complying with the requirements of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, and all duties and obligations imposed by the Act, and all other Environmental Acts and Regulations.
Ensafe’s aim is to achieve this using five core guidelines which are:
• Setting measurable environmental targets and objectives.
• Implementing suitable control processes and procedures.
• Actively researching new technology to aid its moral and legal environmental obligations.
• Monitoring and reviewing the impact of Ensafe’s activities regularly.
• Working with our Interested Parties to ensure that environmental impact is considered.
Essentially the organisation will:
• Operate and communicate the Environmental Management System, wherever practicable and ensure it meets with the requirements of relevant International Standards.
• Wherever possible, within the legislative constraints of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, protect the environment with regard to aspects of work that are environmentally significant.
• Educate, train, engage and motivate its interested parties to work in a manner which maximises environmental protection and ensure the effective communication of the Ensafe’s Environmental Policy, Objectives and Procedures.
• Commit to the reduction and prevention of pollution or polluting agents.
• Take action with regard to legitimate concerns of Employees, Clients, Regulators, Public, Insurers or other bodies with regard to improving the environmental performance of its business.
• Work with our identified interested parties to reduce waste being sent to landfill by the effective use of the reduce, recycle and reuse processes where possible.
• Where possible improve environmental efficiency and sustainability by the effective management of our buildings, equipment, consumables and vehicles.
• Carry out regular audits to ensure the effective implementation of our Environmental Policy.
• Ensure that the organisation strives for continual improvement in its environmental performance and Environmental Management System.
Ensafe are committed to working with our Interested Parties to ensure that we have a minimal impact on the environment by suitable management initiatives and to actively encourage all aspects of the business to be environmentally conscious in our BAU work operations.
Recognising our environmental impact and monitoring our management systems will help drive policy changes and in the long term contribute towards more decarbonised energy systems, environmental and energy law, climate change and biodiversity and conservation and sustainable aquaculture.
The management are committed to regularly reviewing this Policy Statement in order to ensure its continuing suitability for our business needs, legislation and identified Interested Parties.
Health and Safety Policy
In the conduct of its business, Ensafe Consultants commits itself, so far as is reasonably practicable, to protecting the health and safety at work of all its employees and any other identified interested parties.
This Policy Statement is designed to outline Ensafe’s commitment to controlling and managing all aspects of health and safety risks that are created as part of the company’s activities and daily operations.
The Company recognises that not only do we have a legal duty under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated legislation, but we also have a moral duty to ensure that the company activities do not bring any harm, ill health or damage to any of our Employees, identified interested parties, equipment or buildings.
The company strongly believes that its Employees are the most valuable assets and as such deserve to be able to carry out their daily task with minimal risk to their own Health, Safety and Wellbeing in line with the Companies Visions and Values Ethos.
The Company operates an Integrated Management System that has gained the BSOHSAS18001:2007 Certification.
In order for Ensafe to meet or exceed its responsibilities the management are committed to:
• Actively bring this policy to the attention of its employees, clients and all other identified interested parties.
• Ensure that the company’s operations, the health and safety of its employees, and interested parties are not compromised.
• Ensure health and safety responsibilities are assigned and communicated to all relevant parties
• Ensure that any accidents, incidents and close calls are investigated, and any actions implemented.
• Ensure that the organisation complies to all applicable and relevant Statutory Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, Industry Best Practice, Railway Standards and other Client requirements.
• Ensure management commitment to a programme of continual improvement with regards the reduction of Health and Safety risks across its business activities.
• Ensure that suitable premises, welfare facilities, PPE, equipment, plant and vehicles are maintained and tested as per the manufactures guidelines or as legislation dictates.
• Ensure that emergency procedures, equipment and or other requirements are suitably controlled and briefed.
• Ensure that the Company has identified, evaluated, controlled and documented the risks and hazards associated with their operations, building and activities and ensure that these are communicated to the relevant Interested Parties and reviewed regularly.
• Actively review technologies, procedures and process to where possible provide practical solutions to reduce, control or eliminate hazards and risks associated with our activities.
• Actively communicate and consult with employees on matters regarding Health, Safety, Welfare and Wellbeing.
• Encourage staff to identify and actively report hazards or risks using our close call procedure contributing towards improving the health and safety culture throughout the organisation.
• Ensure that all employees have sufficient supervision, information competence, training and knowledge to carry out their tasks without compromising the safety of themselves or other Interested Parties.
• Ensure that all contractors working on Ensafe consultant’s sites or under the operational control of Ensafe consultant’s, comply with the policy on Health and Safety.
• Ensure that suitable resources are provided to ensure the implementation of this policy.
• Review, monitor and revise policies and procedures regularly via audits, management meetings and legislation updates and any other means that Ensafe requires in an effort to continuously improve its Health and Safety Culture.
• The management are committed to regularly reviewing this policy statement in order to ensure its continuing suitability for our business needs legislation and identified Interested Parties.
It is the policy of Challen Commercial Investigations Ltd T/A Ensafe Consultants to provide at all times, a service to the client complying with all standards prescribed by IS017025 and ISO17020 Ensafe Consultants also comply with the United Kingdom Accreditation Service, (UKAS), for all tests and inspections for which we hold Accreditation. This does not include opinions and interpretations, unless otherwise stated.
The quality policy is defined and reviewed by the Directors and Senior Management, whose responsibility is also to implement any necessary steps to suitably train employees and ensure that all clients are made aware, as required, of the stated policy.
The Control Manual is the working document that identifies the organisation, staff, responsibilities, range of facilities and equipment and scope of operation of the company. The manual also defines the procedures, which are devised to ensure that the quality of the work carried out, the integrity of the samples taken and the calibration and serviceability of the equipment used meets all quality objectives.
It is the responsibility of all staff to familiarise themselves with the content of this manual and to comply with it.
In order to achieve the policy objectives, the company organisation is structured with established levels of responsibility, authority and inter-relationships. Overall responsibility and implementation of the quality system is assumed by the Quality & Compliance Director.
Ensafe Consultants operate a Quality System which is appropriate to all aspects of our accredited services. The aim of the system is to ensure that all staff carrying out accredited procedures and operations are suitably responsible and trained, and that the range of facilities and equipment and the scope of operations comply with all guidance and legislation. The quality system ensures that the criteria are met on an ongoing basis.
Ensafe understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. Ensafe respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.ensafe.co.uk and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
What Does This Policy Cover?
What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
Personal Information obtained during website usage can be categorised as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number (including work and mobile phone numbers)
- Email address (including personalised work email addresses)
- Country of residence
- Credit and debit card number/company payment details
- Social media account ID
- Device and browser data
- Page tags and Log Data
How we collect your information?
Ensafe and our approved web designers may collect personal information as follows:
- Via the web site: We may collect Personal Information through the site when you sign up for latest news, marketing services or utilise the ‘Get in Touch’ function.
- Log Data: The log files contain data about each access, including IP addresses, internet service providers and the files viewed on our site.
- Information from page tags: Third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags to collect data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
- Device and browser data: We collect information from the device and application you use to access our services. Device data mainly means your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type.
- Usage information: We collect usage information about you whenever you interact with our websites and services. This includes which web pages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions, and so on.
- Referral information: If you arrive at our websites from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
How We May Use Your Personal Data?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, there must always be a lawful reason for using personal data.
- Responding to your web-based enquiries
- General enquiries
- Communicating changes to the site such as terms and conditions
- For our own business purposes in line with internal and industry marketing campaigns
- Advertising and promotional material to which you have agreed to receive
The Career Tab
Ensafe’s Website contains links to our Careers section, which contains information on our company and our current vacancies, including application methods. Any Personal Information submitted through this portion of the site will be governed by our internal Privacy Statement and General Data Protection Policy
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, Ensafe may use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news, and offers on our services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. Ensafe will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Legislation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
Linked Third Party Sites
This policy statement does not cover, nor are Ensafe responsible for the privacy, cookies, or any other practices of the third parties. The inclusion of the link within the Ensafe Website does not imply any endorsement to the linked third party.
In addition, the Ensafe Website also contains links to the company’s social media accounts, where additional personal information may be recorded. Information provided on this platform is controlled by the applications privacy policies and not Ensafe’s. Ensafe have no control over, and shall not be held responsible for, any third party use of information that you have provided.
It’s Your Information
If at any time you wish to stop receiving phone, mail and email or any other marketing communications, please just let us know by following the ‘Contact Us’ links or utilising the unsubscribe function. This function may also be used to correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit Ensafe’s use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided. For ease of processing requests, clear instructions must include relating to the information requested.
Ensafe will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes if we have received and processed a request to not share your Personal Information. Please note however that changes may not be effective immediately.
Ensafe may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change business in a way that affects personal data protection.
How Do You Contact Us?
To contact Ensafe about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including making a subject access request, please use the following details
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01604 878190
Postal Address: Ensafe Consultants, The Forge, Blisworth Hill Farm, Stoke Road, Blisworth, Northampton, NN7 3DB.